The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is pleased to announce the start of the application period for the 2013-2014 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This is a one-year, non-degree professional exchange program. It provides approximately a year of study and related professional experience in the U.S. to mid-career professionals working in the public service fields listed below, in either the public or private sector. Applicants can submit applications in two categories as Regular Humphrey program or Long Term English Required program. Regular Humphrey program applicants shall hold a minimum TOEFL score of 520 / 71 and Long Term English Required Applicants shall have a TOEFL score of 470/52. Long Term English Required candidates shall meet all other requirements set by the program except the lower TOEFL score. Those winning the grant under this category will be required to attend Academic English Language training prior to start of the academic program in the United States.
- Agricultural Development/Agricultural Economics
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Economic Development, Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Natural Resource and Environmental Policy and Climate Change
- Human Resources Management
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking of Persons, Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Law and Human Rights
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must be Mongolian citizens currently living in Mongolia, and must have:
- A university degree (B.A. or equivalent)
- Five years of continuous and substantial professional experience in Mongolia immediately preceding the application
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- An IBT score of 71- 72, Institutional TOEFL 520 (Regular Humphrey Applicants)
- An IBT score between 52 – 68 or Institutional TOEFL between 470-520 (Long Term English required applicants)
Note: Your English test score must be valid, taken within past two years. Preference will be given to candidates with limited prior experience in the U.S.
Non Eligibility: Recent graduates, university teachers with no management responsibilities ( except in the fields of drug abuse prevention), individuals with less than 5 years of experience, individuals with recent U.S. experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years) individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2011, individuals with U.S permanent resident status.
- The Public Affairs Section will select three to five Mongolian candidates for the 2013-2014 Humphrey Fellowship competition. These individuals will compete against candidates from all of Asia for the fellowships.
The deadline for applications is noon 12:00 April 1, 2012.
Interviews will take place in early May, 2012. Applicants must be present for the interview.
2013-2014 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Application Form (PDF 75.2 KB)
Completed applications must be returned to Public Affairs Section by noon 12:00 on April 1, 2012:
Entry House, U.S. Embassy
Big Ring Road, XI Microdistrict, Ulaanbaatar
Telephone: 312372 or 329095; ext: 4424 or 3212